Patient Services Team
• Ensuring we are deployed to the patients who will benefit most from the Enhanced and Critical Care our service provides.
• The welfare, training, development and quality assurance processes of our doctors, paramedics and support staff.
• The delivery of high quality clinical care to patients.
• Post incident support to patients, their relatives and carers through our ‘Patient Support Service’.
• Collaboration the NHS and other emergency services.
Nigel is part of our Senior Leadership Team and a Director of Devon Air Ambulance Trading Company Limited.
*as required by The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014
-The delivery of high-quality clinical care to our patients
- Development of new clinical skills, procedures and ways of working
- Leading, supporting and developing our critical care doctor team
- Responsibility for various aspects of our service in conjunction with the operations director
- Clinical governance lead and the clinical committee.
Paul’s current dual role enables him to continue to practise as well as allowing him to follow up and assist Air Ambulance patients in answering any questions they may have about their pre-hospital care and supporting them in their recovery.
I have been with Devon Air Ambulance since February 2019. My role is to coordinate the equipment and medical supplies and day-to-day logistics required to support the aircrew at our Exeter and Eaglescott Airbases.
The helicopters carry most of the kit that might be found on a land ambulance, plus some of the more specialist equipment and medical supplies that we, as a specialist critical care air ambulance service, use to treat our patients. Because the nature of the next mission is unknown, the equipment and supplies have to enable crews to respond to a range of possible circumstances.
Both airbases stock comprehensive equipment and supplies. When the Aircrew returns from assisting a patient, one of the first tasks is to restock any equipment and supplies ready for the next mission.
In addition to her duties as an Executive Assistant, Catherine is heavily involved with the school PTFA, undertaking the role of Treasurer and organising a number of annual community fundraising events.